I am excited about the book I am working on. That is, I'm not writing it yet, but taking notes and researching the material. The various futuristic ideas I believe will stick include the following:
1. The story takes place about a hundred years from now.
2. There will be pre-colonization expedition to Europa, a moon of Jupiter, perhaps the most likely candidate for extraterrestrial life outside of Mars.
3. The 21st century is full of conflict for humanity, at least partly due to the huge technological changes occurring. There are other reasons as well.
4. The world is in danger of an apocalyptic event.
5. Artificial intelligence is reaching human level. This has huge implications for mankind.