Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I Joined the Attleboro Arts Museum and Started to Paint Again

Yesterday I joined the Attleboro Arts Museum. They are an active group, having a number of talented artists, a gallery, and a number of events in which I plan to participate. These include exhibits, both juried and other. They have a sophisticated website which has links to member artists and their own websites and work. I'm eager to improve myself and will be able to better gauge my development against artists here as well as in Taunton.  The brief look I took of the artists' work through their own websites indicated to me that the level of artistry in Attleboro is more advanced overall than Taunton. Maybe that's unfair because I have not had the opportunity to see much of those in Taunton. There certainly are some talented artists in Taunton. At any rate, this will give me an additional venue in which to have my work exhibited and see.

There is a members only exhibit which is juried later this year. I was told that there will be over 300 works exhibited in this. This compares with 123 in the Taunton Fall Show.

Today was cold. I used some of the day to begin painting. I have chosen 12-15 photos of mine to paint. I am using a time-lapse feature in my iPad to capture the work. I will post the videos of completed works from time to time as I finish them.


No comments:

Post a Comment